Sunday, June 12, 2011

What not to blog.....

So I was web surfing this morning, looking for cute 4th of July projects (even though I don't have time to do any of them) and I came across a blog entry from http://www.madiganmade.blogspot.com/ . She found a project and attempted to try it out, knowing that it just wasn't her thing. I have to admit, I did the same thing! I will now show you why I am not the sewer in this family (that post belongs to my mother and Lauren!).

If you remember, I posted a photo of a cute shirt re-do last week in "Late Night Blog Surfing" from http://www.madebymeech.blogspot.com/. This was such a cute idea and I thought even though I don't own a sewing machine, I could probably do it with the no-sew tape I am so fond of......That didn't turn out very well. Here is what it looked like, not horrible but not great.


It started off looking like this.


It was not a bad attempt but the sewing should be left up to people who can do it! This project just helped me realise that some things are just not for me to try. I can sew on a patch or button if need be but a larger sewing project is not up my ally.

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment