Friday, January 6, 2012

Not Your Mothers Crab Salad

We have all seen it, that blob of "Crab Salad" at the supermarkets deli counter. The one that looks like it has more mayo then anything else in it....The way the world is, either you like imitation crab or not. I for one think its a great alternative when you can't get or afford the real thing!

I have seen many different versions of crab salad, my mothers for one is an actual salad with crab and mayo as a dressing. While its good, I prefer my salad more.

Here is the recipe:
1 package imitation crab (8 oz or more)
1/2 of a cucumber- peeled and diced
1/2 green bell pepper- diced(feel free to use any color)
1 medium jalapeno- diced
1/2 small red onion- diced
1 lime juices
3 tablespoons (or less) of Light Mayo- just use enough to bind your salad together.
1/2 teaspoon chili power
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
black pepper to taste

Really the only thing you have to do is shred the crab with my hands and dice the veggies. Mix all together with the mayo and spices. I usually refrigerate for an hour before eating.

I either eat as is or with Wheat Thins.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I love crab salad!!! this looks yummy and hubby will like it with the jalepenos!!!

    I have a linky party going on if you want to join... http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html

    -Rachel @BubblyNatureCreations.com

    ReplyDelete