Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fast Pine Cone Revamp

I was inspired a few months back (as well as my mother) by a lady who made Christmas trees out of pine cones. They were amazing and even though I knew I would never attempt it, I started picking up pine cones around my neighborhood anyways for fall and Christmas. My mother has been hard at work making the pine cone trees and I am sure everyone on her Christmas list will be getting one this year.

I saw a photo of pine cones with their tips painted white and thought " So cute for winter". But winter is still a few weeks off and I was bored yesterday so.....I started painting them anyways. I thought I would paint some yellow and orange too for fall, but quickly realized I only had yellow in my paint box and didn't feel like running to the store, plus it was nap time and I was not waking that baby up. ( Have you ever just wanted to do something right then...or is it only me.)

First I picked pine cones that were somewhat open, their tips are just easier to paint that way. Grab yourself some white paint and a sponge brush and you are on your way!

All you need to do is sponge the tips on the cones. Like this...


It will look something like this when you are finished.


I only did about 6 or 7 for the vase that I planned to put them in, but trust me I have about a billion more to do. Okay more like 2 grocery bags full....more projects, yes please!



Here is what they looked like in my vase ( My re-done thrifty find vase for a buck by the way!)



Oh yeah- Thanks to my Mommy for making me this great Blackboard platter for my birthday! Love it. Can you tell where I get my crafty side from?




Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment