I found this small musical bird at Joann's for around 5 bucks. I also found swatches of this branch fabric at Joann's for around a buck a piece. The diapers are a size 2 (husband bought a brand I really didn't care for, so I used them for this project). And I cut a circle out of a cardboard box.
(Sorry, this is a horrible photo.) Because I knew she was not going to be re-using the diapers, I used hot glue. I rolled all the diapers up, starting from the opening of the diaper so that the ends were smooth.
After rolling about a million diapers ( just kidding, it was more like 30), I started gluing them into circles. The larger circle was around 12, the smaller one around 7.
I then glued the smaller circle on top of the larger one. Then glued the entire thing to the cardboard circle.
I cut the fabric into strips that would fit the height of the diapers. Now, I have no skills in sewing, I do not own a sewing machine. I hot glued one side ( length wise) down to have a smooth seem. I then glued the fabric to the diaper ring.
Note: My fabric was not long enough to go around the larger of the circles so I had to use two pieces. One over lapped the other to give it a smooth look.
I then took crinkled paper strips ( you can find these at any store now for presents or gift baskets). I glued the paper around the bottom to cover the cardboard circle and around the other layers.