Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thrifty Finds

SCORE!!!! At least that's how I feel about it. Me and baby got up semi-early this morning and I thought a walk would be great. Just before leaving I grabbed some cash (you never know when a lemonaide stand is calling your name or the ice cream man!). I didn't get two blocks before I hit my first yard sale. Yard sale, garage sale, moving sale...whatever you call them, they are great!

I missed the big day for one on baby clothes....tear,tear, but I found a few cute finds. And for super cheap! ( My favorite part) I thought, "why not keep walking and look for some more". I didn't think this through all the way. I had a nine month old, who was due for a nap in about 30 minutes and a small dog who has to stop and do his business at every tree in the neighborhood. But still I went into the great unknown of searching for finds.

After 5 yard sales and walking about 30 blocks, here are the great finds!


I found so much! The drink dispenser, stand, and 3 bowls to match was only $5. I can't wait to use that for Thanksgiving. The wooden bowl I plan on using chalkboard paint to cover up the "Popcorn" and use it to hold pine cones this winter.


My #1 buy for the day! I love this item. I plan on painting it black (to go with my kitchen). And talking them down to only  a buck was great too! (In fact that's all the money I had left...hahaha)



I love these pumpkins! All three for $5! And look whats on the back....



That's right! They are reversible. I love that in a decoration, two holidays for the price of one.

My husband is going to kill me when he gets home, but that's OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment