Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hair Bow Frame Tutorial

So I finally found a frame that I liked for my daughters hair bow holder, not to mention I have had this on my to-do list for some time! I found the frame a few days ago ( it was shown here) and knew it was going to be great. I choose pink and some cute ribbon I picked up at a going out of business sale (wish I would have picked up a lot more too!). Total cost- about 3 dollars!


I painted 2 coats of pink onto the frame, I wanted a little bit of the dark wood color to show threw.


After the paint dried, flip the frame over and measure the size to determine how far apart your ribbons should be. Make sure to take the size of your bows into account. My daughter is still a baby so here bows are smaller. I measured about an inch between each ribbon. If your daughter is older ( and with bigger bows) maybe try 2 inches.


I hot glued the ribbons into place. Make sure you pull the ribbons tight, you don't want any slack.


I also had a bit of ribbon left over so I used it to hang the frame.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment